Here are the key findings from the Goodlord Rental Index for January 2019. Download the full index here.
- London had the highest monthly rent across tenancies processed through the Goodlord platform in January 2019, at £1694 per month. The lowest monthly rent was £653 per month in the North East.
- Void periods were longest in the East Midlands, with an average of 41 days. They were shortest in the Capital, where the average time between tenancies is just 15 days.
- London had the longest average fixed term tenancies, at 13 months. The North West had the shortest average fixed term tenancies, at just 8 months.
- The average tenant throughout England and Wales is in their early- to mid-thirties.
- Tenants in London have the highest average income, at £37,000, while tenants in the North East have the lowest average income, at £18,000.
- The West Midlands is the most affordable region for renters, which is defined as a tenant’s yearly income divided by their yearly rent share. London is the least affordable for renters.